Views

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fat, Fun, and Sugar

I like all those words. Usually, they all go together - fat, fun and sugar - it's like the recipe for a good time! That being said, that's not what we're going to talk about today. Today, I am going to respond to a few readers (I know, crazy...I have readers!) and address some points.

Fat. No, I don't think I'm fat. Do I have slight body dysmorphia? Sure. Do most people in fitness and many (mainly females, but I'm sure males also) people in the entertainment industry also suffer from some sort of body dysmorphia based on what we think we SHOULD look like? Of course. Do most people in general? Yes. I'll dig a little deeper into this in a later post. For now let's focus on why, on the body image front, I'm doing this challenge.

My everyday routine revolves around my career. I want to be the best stuntwoman I can be, and as prepared for work as often as possible. The short answer is that I know I may have a slightly askew vision of my body, however the more condensed I can get my body, the better I can perform my job and fulfill some of the more common body type requirements for stunt doubling. Which is why I started this blog - to [hopefully] show that you can create amazing clean food and work it into a lifestyle of the average hungry person, and still be able to workout and be well fueled.

Fun. I got an email recently from a lady is concerned about my focus...that I may not be having enough fun, or at least not writing about it enough. Here is an excerpt:

"You're young, living in one of the greatest cities in the country with a cool career and so much to do and experience. Maybe include some of how you incorporate such an active lifestyle while maintaining a healthy diet... MAKE IT FUN!!!"

Let's just get one thing straight: If I'm not having fun, what's the point? The reason I do stunts is because I love everything about it and can't see myself doing anything else. Yes, I'm really hunkering down and making a choice to eat clean as a lifestyle, but I am by no means making this a daunting task, or refraining from being social. I am most DEFINITELY going to keep doing the things I love. HOWEVER, I will be approaching things form a clean standpoint and making better choices. I am eating clean not only for my physique, but also for the longevity of my body inside and out. So, thank you, reader! I will definitely try to share with everyone how I manage to make fun out of every single day; but just so you know, I think gymnastics and skateboarding are pretty fun.

Sugar. It has come to my attention that the types of sweeteners I'm allowing is a little unclear. So let me break it down:

-NO Refined (white or processed) sugar - this includes standard table sugar, syrups, or anything processed to death
-NO Cane sugar - this means no raw sugar cane, or any sugar from the cane due to it's extremely high glycemic properties
-NO Artificial Sweeteners - this includes Splenda and Equal
- NO Corn products - no corn syrup of any sort - high glycemic and hard to digest
-YES to stevia in the Raw, honey, maple syrup, agave (limited), and coconut sugar (lower on the GI)

Although I do have some natural sweeteners on the the list, I will use them sparingly, along with my daily fruit intake. Sometimes, I just need a little more sweet! 

Hope this clears some things up, and keep those emails and questions coming! Off to go throw some barbells around now...

With sugar (and by sugar I mean natural unprocessed sweeteners) and spice and everything nice,

-Hungry Stuntgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment