Views

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Biking and Booze



Don't worry, I'm not drinking while riding. These are just a few things I wanted to talk about today. I went for a killer bike ride this weekend while visiting the family, and also was faced with the "am I going to allow alcohol" question. 

I really like wine. I enjoy it with or without food, and it definitely relaxes me at the end of a long day; that being said, I have to remember why I am doing this challenge. It is, after all, a CHALLENGE and not supposed to be easy breezy. I also have to remember that I'm trying to clear my body of toxins, and unfortunately for me, alcohol of any sort is a toxin. HOWEVER...I have decided, with Erica (my nutritionist) that we will allow a few drinks a week, not to exceed one per day/night out, and not every day. Beverages allowed will be wine and hard cider (both gluten free and fruit based). 
So far, I had a glass of wine at a big birthday party, a cider with a meal out with a friend, and a cider with a bun-less high quality grass fed burger after a long awesome day of work with some awesome people. As the week progresses and I head into week three, I will most likely keep that number of drinks pretty low. Wish me luck!

I would just like to share some of the delicious food I've been eating both from Hü Kitchen and when I get stuck away from home on set. Enjoy.

Grass fed organic burger (no bun) with lots of greens, pickles, mushrooms, grilled onion and tomato and a few sweet potato fries (cooked in healthy fats) with a hard cider.


Bowl from Hü Kitchen: Root vegetable mash, raw veg (beets, carrots, kale), small amount of organic pulled chicken, "Hü Bread" (all veggies and egg), cilantro and a touch of their house made bbq sauce


Hü Kitchen "Bonito" mash bowl: Organic fresh made almond butter on the bottom, nut and seed grain free granola (go to Hü Kitchen for ingredients), blueberries and cashew coconut cream

Clean eating never tasted so good...

Yours in wine and cider,

-Hungry Stuntgirl





No comments:

Post a Comment