Views

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

And So It Begins...

Day one of this challenge: DONE-ZO! I did a nice balance of veggies in my produce basket and an awesome and delicious meal from Hü Kitchen. First days are always fun and you still have those goals right in front of you so motivation is super high, no matter how unfulfilled you are by your sugar cravings. I am fully aware that each passing day, at least in the beginning, will be increasingly difficult as I figure out what foods to eat when and maintain my energy levels and calm my cravings.

I made an amazing quinoa salad...although I don't have exact measurements. I realize now I should probably keep track of these things in case one of you out there reading this wanted to try it. Here is the basic idea:

Red quinoa, diced cucumber, orange bell pepper, asparagus, zucchini, and home made pesto (basil, parsley, walnuts, pine nuts, olive oil and safflower oil, garlic and sea salt) and some balsamic vinegar to taste.


My Summer Veggie Red Quinoa Salad

Had a great lunch at Hü Kitchen (Grand Master Veg - I will explain this dish in another blog) and along with the quinoa salad, made an amazing Kale salad with home made eggless caesar dressing (lemon, whole grain organic mustard, local honey, olive oil and safflower oil, and 3 small anchovies). 

I was hungry at the end of the day (surprise) because I had been taking in so many extra calories and sugars this past month, so I treated myself to one row (two small squares) of Hü Kitchen's chocolate with sea salt (THREE ingredients: cacao, coconut sugar, and sea salt). I left my cravings at that for the day, had a nice big glass of water, finished up some work on my computer and headed to bed. I still have those goals clear in sight, and want to empty my body of toxins, yay!

Exercise is also very important, so I started my day of coaching CrossFit very early, and was able to work on some olympic lifting and later in the day did some fight training. I definitely need energy to get through my workouts, or else what is the point, right? 

Just a little post to jump start my 30 days...here's to 30 days (and hopefully beyond) of clean eating!

Yours in skateboarding and eating,

-Hungry Stuntgirl


1 comment: