Views

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

So I finished my challenge...now what? Burpees?




So I finished my promised 30 days of eating clean (months ago) and eating primarily out of a produce basket and Hu Kitchen. I felt great, lost a few pounds of fat, and got rid of that urge to constantly have sugar and simple carbs.

Then the holidays happened...

I know most of you understand what I'm talking about - the cookies, the cakes, the....well...cookies....



I felt like all the hard work I had put in had been swept away with an array of brownies and egg nog. Luckily, my support system at home helped me to find my way back to healthy foods; but I still can't seem to shake the holiday sugar cravings and my motivation to do simply "do more cardio" has fallen by the wayside. So what do I do? I decide to do a half marathon. That should be fun, right - 13.1 miles of running? At least I decided to do the D.C. Rock N' Roll half marathon so there will be live music at every mile...right?

I take my career very seriously. Most of my day to day decisions are based on what would help me be more prepared to work. In order to maintain my "ready for work at any moment" physical shape I demand of myself, I have a bit of a training minimum set up each week for myself. Most of this training comes in the form of conditioning - hence the half marathon/forced/built-in cardio. Which brings me to my next "challenge" for myself.

Dr. Oz was showing us his two minute morning routine which started out with several "star jumps" or  full squat to jump type movements.  I was thinking...wow that looks stressful on the back and body first thing in the morning...and I was also thinking...hmm, maybe I can do burpees every morning?


How about I roll out of bed and start my day with some burpees every day for a while? No time limit, but lets just say at least 30 days... starting with rolling out of bed and doing ten. Fair starter number? 

I will post pics or videos on my instagram (@stuntgirlheidi) and occasionally update this blog while talking about food and probably some of my marathon prep. I'm just hoping to make it to the finish line in one piece...

Time for me to drop and do some burpees....I see sushi in my future...

In food and burpees,

Hungry Stuntgirl
@stuntgirlheidi



No comments:

Post a Comment